Virtual Machine of Choice to Use on Manjaro

Hi, I'm fairly new to manjaro, been using it for a couple of months, and I'm starting a new project where I need to use a windows VM for some things. In the past as a windows user I used VMware typically for my virtualization needs but I see that VMware isn't supported on arch.

I'm curious about what others were using for their virtualization solutions and what people recommended.

Thanks in advance for the advice.

I use vmware and/or qemu/kvm/virt-manager.

It really depends what you need to do in your VM. Windows VM performance is comparatively poor in virtualbox.

It also depends how much time/effort you want to put into it. vmware and virtualbox are pretty easy, qemu is less easy.

I tried installing VMware when I first got manjaro but had issues with one of the services relating to networking iirc but I haven't tried again since. Is that uncommon?

I've also seen a post, here, on how to install VMware. Is this accurate to follow?

I would follow these:
https://wiki.manjaro.org/index.php?title=VMware#Installing_VMWare_Workstation_on_Manjaro

2 Likes

Thanks man got it working following those directions instead of whatever it was I first tried.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Forum kindly sponsored by