Vivaldi/Chromium codecs-ffmpeg-extra on RPi4.

My HP laptop's cooling fan looks like it needs to be replaced since this morning, so I've updated my RPi4 to the latest ARM build and set up to run the root partition from my SSD. The latest ManjaroARM build looks and runs great, but while I'm out of a full system, I am trying to get the pi to run as close as possible to my laptop. So, I have Vivaldi installed, but need the extra's package to watch Plex and Youtube properly.

I'm having a combination of md5 errors and broken source links on the extras files available in the AUR. Also, I am still pretty noobish on manjaro/arch stuff to begin with so that's part of the issue as well. All the info on the manjaro forums is outdated too.

Has anyone been able to get it installed and working correctly on ManjaroARM? If I understand correctly you can use the vivaldi extras, or the chrome extras, even when using the vivaldi browser. codecs-extras validity

Thanks for the reply, still having a hard time.

In what way?

I have posted on the packaging page. But this is the error I'm getting. I just don't understand what I need to do.

Building vivaldi-codecs-ffmpeg-extra-bin-arm64...
==> Making package: vivaldi-codecs-ffmpeg-extra-bin-arm64 pkgver=80.0.3987.162-0 (Sat 02 May 2020 07:12:46 PM EDT)
==> Checking runtime dependencies...
==> Checking buildtime dependencies...
==> Retrieving sources...
-> Found chromium-codecs-ffmpeg-extra_65.0.3325.181-0ubuntu1_arm64.deb
-> Found vivaldi-codecs-ffmpeg-extra-bin.install
==> Validating source files with sha256sums...
chromium-codecs-ffmpeg-extra_65.0.3325.181-0ubuntu1_arm64.deb ... Passed
vivaldi-codecs-ffmpeg-extra-bin.install ... FAILED
==> ERROR: One or more files did not pass the validity check!
Failed to build vivaldi-codecs-ffmpeg-extra-bin-arm64

The maintainer posted this on the page, and I installed yay, but not sure what to do from there. I think I am close though. Just need a steer in the right direction.

yay -S vivaldi-codecs-ffmpeg-extra-bin-arm64 --editmenu --mflags "--skipchecksums --skippgpcheck"
Then change pkgver=79.0.3945.130 to pkgver=80.0.3987.162 in the PKGBUILD.

edit: could it be that it's just not possible to install at this point? the maintainer hasn't updated the packages for the current build? do I need to put in the correct md5 and sha?

This is covered in the FAQ post I linked to.

The file sha256sum is correct so it's a local issue specific to you. Please re-read the linked post, it is all explained there.

I think you have missed that the PKGBUILD has already been updated since that was posted.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Forum kindly sponsored by