VPN Password Wont Save

Manjaro KDE
Kernel 4.14

My router acts as an OpenVPN server. I have within network manager setup a connection to the VPN as a client and it works/connects as expected.

The issue I am having is for the user password. I have it set to remember and encrypt for current user only, but it prompts for the password every time I want to connect to it. If I manually enter the password into the pop-up dialog it connects just fine.

I noticed if I enter the password and hit apply it is still filled in, however if I hit ok and close/reopen the window the field is empty again (unlike wifi password fields that stay filled in with dots).

I only have the issue with the VPN, all of the Wifi connections store the password just fine (with the same encrypt for user only).

Any help/direction would be great. Not a big issue but one I would like to resolve.

My normal suggestion when it comes to misbehaving connections in Network Manager is to remove and re-add the connection settings.

This process can clear or create any settings (schema) that have changed between versions and so get everything working again as expected.

1 Like

I may eventually give that a shot. I was wondering if it had to do with the 3 files I had to create from the ovpn file. Maybe a line I didnt include or something in one of those 3 files preventing saving of passwords for it.

It was kind of a pain to get working, so I am a little hesitant to delete and redo it just to be able to save the password. I however also know you are right in that its likely the best course of action.

I was hopeing someone might have a terminal command to force it to save or something. I am guessing once saved there should be an entry in kwallet for it?

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Forum kindly sponsored by