VSync does not respect multi monitor with differing resfresh rates

I have 2 monitors attached to my PC running Manjaro, one being 120Hz, the other being 60Hz.

At first, it appeared both monitors were running at 60Hz. After doing some research, I found that disabling VSync solved the issue, by changing the .drirc file in my home directory as per the Arch Linux wiki:
https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/intel_graphics#Disable_Vertical_Synchronization_.28VSYNC.29

However this results in a lot of tearing, especially in video content and moving windows, as I expected and therefore it's a pretty poor solution.

Is there a way to get VSync running, while also respecting the refresh rates of my monitors?

Thanks

A lot of settings can be automated but with special setups - different monitors with different properties - will almost always require some experimentation.

You will need to research on your specific card - as you will have to manually set resolution and refresh rate for a given monitor.

You may be able to set many settings using a GUI but the for the optimal settings you will need to create the configuration using partly GUI and partly manual.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Forum kindly sponsored by