warnings after system update

I updated my system with pamac-manager gui interface . and after completing the process these warnings are shown . is this serious? what should I consider to do upon these warnings?

Warning: audit: directory permissions differ on /var/log/audit/filesystem: 755  package: 700
Error: zsh: hook /usr/share/libalpm/hooks/dconf-update.hook line 2: invalid value Path
Error: zsh: hook /usr/share/libalpm/hooks/update-desktop-database.hook line 2: invalid value Path
Error: zsh: hook /usr/share/libalpm/hooks/30-systemd-update.hook line 2: invalid value Path
Error: zsh: hook /usr/share/libalpm/hooks/gio-querymodules.hook line 2: invalid value Path
Error: zsh: hook /usr/share/libalpm/hooks/20-systemd-sysusers.hook line 2: invalid value Path
Error: zsh: hook /usr/share/libalpm/hooks/gvfsd.hook line 2: invalid value Path
Error: zsh: hook /usr/share/libalpm/hooks/gtk-update-icon-cache.hook line 2: invalid value Path
Error: zsh: hook /usr/share/libalpm/hooks/gtk-query-immodules-3.0.hook line 2: invalid value Path
Error: zsh: hook /usr/share/libalpm/hooks/30-systemd-binfmt.hook line 2: invalid value Path
Error: zsh: hook /usr/share/libalpm/hooks/30-systemd-sysctl.hook line 2: invalid value Path
Error: zsh: hook /usr/share/libalpm/hooks/99-grub.hook line 2: invalid value Path
Error: zsh: hook /usr/share/libalpm/hooks/detect-old-perl-modules.hook line 4: invalid value Path
Error: zsh: hook /usr/share/libalpm/hooks/60-mkinitcpio-remove.hook line 2: invalid value Path
Error: zsh: hook /usr/share/libalpm/hooks/30-systemd-udev-reload.hook line 2: invalid value Path
Error: zsh: hook /usr/share/libalpm/hooks/30-systemd-tmpfiles.hook line 2: invalid value Path
Error: zsh: hook /usr/share/libalpm/hooks/30-systemd-hwdb.hook line 2: invalid value Path
Error: zsh: hook /usr/share/libalpm/hooks/gio-querymodules-32.hook line 2: invalid value Path
Error: zsh: hook /usr/share/libalpm/hooks/update-mime-database.hook line 2: invalid value Path
Error: zsh: hook /usr/share/libalpm/hooks/glib-compile-schemas.hook line 2: invalid value Path
Error: zsh: hook /usr/share/libalpm/hooks/gtk-query-immodules-2.0.hook line 2: invalid value Path
Error: zsh: hook /usr/share/libalpm/hooks/30-systemd-catalog.hook line 2: invalid value Path
Error: zsh: hook /usr/share/libalpm/hooks/xorg-mkfontscale.hook line 2: invalid value Path
Error: zsh: hook /usr/share/libalpm/hooks/90-mkinitcpio-install.hook line 2: invalid value Path
Error: zsh: hook /usr/share/libalpm/hooks/30-systemd-daemon-reload.hook line 2: invalid value Path
Error: command failed to execute correctly
Error: command failed to execute correctly

How long has it been since you did an update?

If this is an existing system, you probably should install the package pacman-static and then type the command:

sudo pacman-static -Syyu

If this is a new install, you need to use a newer ISO.

1 Like

Ah, welcome back!

:bouquet:

1 Like

Manjaro is addictive

2 Likes

manjaro community seems stopped publishing manjaro-deepin version , so I have to stick to this iso . it's old dude . 6 to 8 month old

If you want to use an older ISO like that, you will need to download pacman-static and try an upgrade that way.

2 Likes

Yep - on the archive page it is mentioned - you may get into trouble :slight_smile:

UNSUPPORTED Archive

The Release Archive are unsupported.

Do not use an archived ISO for installation .

IMPORTANT Installation using an archived ISO may succeed but impossible to update due to ABI changes.

1 Like

Perhaps you could just install the latest XFCE iso and then manually install deepin as a second DE?

I've not done that, but I have an installation of antechdesign's Archdeepin (I dont think the iso has been updated for ages) on top of which I installed XFCE. That's my fallback in case deepin stopped being maintained and no longer worked.

So far, deepin is still in Arch repos and both DEs co-exist just fine. The reason I'm happy with these 2 DE together is because I don't like deepin's file manager and terminal emulator, and was using Thunar/pcmanfm and xfce4-terminal in any case. About the only things I like about deepin is the desktop itself and fancy system monitor.

Or just use one of the latest ISO to do an Architect install of deepin

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Forum kindly sponsored by