What should I do after the installation phase?

Hi all. I just joined your website address. I have a problem and a few questions:

I deleted everything and just installed the Manjaro Xfce x64 distribution on main machine. I can give the following examples for my current problems:

Screen tears (interruptions), after a black screen comes up before the Manjaro Xfce x64 screen comes up, there are blurring on the screen and I cannot have screen resolution over 1024 etc. I can give many examples like. What should I do in this situation?

On my old operating system, Windows 10 Pro x64 was installed and I installed Vmware Workstation Pro virtual machine Manjaro Xfce x64 but I did not have these problems.

My other questions are:

What should I do after the installation phase?

How can I install the driver according to my computer specifications?

Note: My English is not very good, I hope you will show understanding.

Thank you.

Menu> Manjaro Settings Manager
Check the Hardware Configuration and drivers.

Yes, I opened what should I do now?

Screenshot_2020-07-20_00-03-27

You could install the driver to your ethernet card. Your video driver is installed I see.

If you are seeing glitches on XFCE with amdgpu it is possible it is the compositor ..
Check by disabling it in Window Manager Tweaks

1 Like

I only have one computer with AMD graphics and it runs Debian, but these steps fix tearing for me:

sudo mkdir -p /etc/X11/xorg.conf.d/

sudo nano /etc/X11/xorg.conf.d/20-radeon.conf

And then add these lines to 20-radeon.conf, and write it out;

Section "Device"
    Identifier "Radeon"
    Driver "radeon"
    Option "TearFree" "on"
EndSection

Reboot.

What?

:woman_shrugging:

1 Like
Hi all, I agree with Turkey. 

Note: My English is not very good, I hope you will show understanding.

= I am Turkish and I use a bad translator.

Glad I could help.

2 Likes

Thank you very much everyone, but now only Manjaro Xfce x64 is installed on my main machine.

On my old operating system, Windows 10 Pro x64 was installed and I installed vmware workstation virtual makiye manjaro xfce linux but I did not have these problems.

I can give the following examples for my current problems:

Screen tears (interruptions), after a black screen comes up before the Manjaro Xfce x64 screen comes up, there are blurring on the screen and I cannot have screen resolution over 1024 etc. I can give many examples like.

Hi, @risk-master!

Did you try the suggestions from @cscs and @Porbeagle?

It will make it easier for us to help you if you give us more information about your computer, as decribed in this post

I would have a look on https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/List_of_applications maybe you find something useful which you didn't know about.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Forum kindly sponsored by