Where did all the desktop environments go in architect?

I was installing my Manjaro system again using architect, as one does, and I was surprised to find that when I got to the part where I choose a desktop environment, I only saw the options dev-null, bspwm, and openbox.

Where are the rest of them? (Especially Deepin)

Note: this may be unrelated, but in my previous attempts I wasn't mat with a choice at all, and right at this point I got an error install basepkgs 255.

Any help would be appreciated

1 Like

Try this:

1 Like

After this error, do you get three messages with "cannot resolve package..." or something like that?

Because I got that and it's because there seems to be added entries in .base that shouldn't be there.

Concatenate
Example
On
<additional added packages>

When reviewing the packages to be installed, you can remove these three lines and the installer should continue.

Oh that was a bug. - Realized yesterday as well when I was trying to install a Manjaro deepin VM with architect.
Will there be a new iso then?

I guess we can just run an update of the packages on the iso. Might not be enough but could maybe solve it.

1 Like

So I would just run

sudo pacman -Syu

from the architect before running setup?

Yes, I noticed that after a while, thanks

No, just do this:

sudo pacman -Sy manjaro-architect profile-validate
sudo manjaro-architect
1 Like

I tried that already, it didn't work. Can't remember why though. I'll try it again, thanks for the tip

1 Like

If it doesn't work, post the error you receive so we can help you work through it.

Will do of course. Really appreciate your help. The community is awesome

When I try to mount a /dev/sdx, I get an error:
Mounting not possible.

Tried with cfdisk, as well as auto-patitioning. - Updated Manjaro Architect before running it.

New Topic as suggested: Manjaro Architect doesn't work

PS: Sure that the iso isn't broken?

You might want to create a separate topic. Did you make sure it wasn't already mounted?

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Forum kindly sponsored by