The cause might be the reached 10 old SN frames?
Related to this patch? https://www.spinics.net/lists/linux-wireless/msg189740.html
Happened again. Note that it refs "frames" again
20480.843617] wlp3s0: authenticate with 26:fe:ee:ef:e1:a0 [20480.845934] wlp3s0: send auth to 26:fe:ee:ef:e1:a0 (try 1/3) [20480.870934] wlp3s0: authenticated [20480.871672] wlp3s0: associate with 26:fe:ee:ef:e1:a0 (try 1/3) [20480.875796] wlp3s0: RX AssocResp from 26:fe:ee:ef:e1:a0 (capab=0x1411 status=0 aid=18) [20480.880871] wlp3s0: associated [20480.893861] wlp3s0: Limiting TX power to 30 (30 - 0) dBm as advertised by 26:fe:ee:ef:e1:a0 [20481.013189] IPv6: ADDRCONF(NETDEV_CHANGE): wlp3s0: link becomes ready [20482.663201] wlp3s0: disconnect from AP 26:fe:ee:ef:e1:a0 for new auth to 26:ff:ee:ef:e1:a0 [20482.669326] iwlwifi 0000:03:00.0: expected hw-decrypted unicast frame for station [20482.669329] iwlwifi 0000:03:00.0: expected hw-decrypted unicast frame for station [20482.674985] wlp3s0: authenticate with 26:ff:ee:ef:e1:a0 [20482.676930] wlp3s0: send auth to 26:ff:ee:ef:e1:a0 (try 1/3) [20482.702317] wlp3s0: authenticated [20482.705053] wlp3s0: associate with 26:ff:ee:ef:e1:a0 (try 1/3) [20482.712475] wlp3s0: RX ReassocResp from 26:ff:ee:ef:e1:a0 (capab=0x1011 status=0 aid=10) [20482.715170] wlp3s0: associated [20482.752317] wlp3s0: Limiting TX power to 30 (30 - 0) dBm as advertised by 26:ff:ee:ef:e1:a0
Which kernel are you using?
I've tried 5.4, 5.5, 5.6rc. Dmesg was taken on 5.4.28
Got to ask (as it affected me), router channel?
How would I check that? I would have to believe 5ghz
I'd been having connectivity issues on kde, connection dropping, slowing to a crawl, and requiring a network manager reset. I've not noticed the issue since the 28th March stable update though.
Will monitor and report back if I notice anything relevant.
I think the issue may be KDE as well, as the second computer isn't giving me any errors in dmesg.
I haven't noticed the issue on either of my xfce systems but those are vms that don't get used as often so it's possible I could have missed it.
I didn't notice the issue on my laptop until I switched to KDE.
I use Linssid from the repo:
How do you know what this channel is?
Run linssid, look for your router name - in the channel column.
Log into your router and look at the settings.
If you feel this was caused by the linux-firmware update you could always test downgrading linux-firmware from your package cache.
This service I wrote is a rather hackey workaround, but it keeps a connection running rather well:
My networks are set up to use 2.4 and 5ghz.
If there is more than one AP in your vicinity (or you have a dual-band AP with a single SSID) this can result in dropped connections.
Your connection can be lost because of constant scanning by Network Manager, and confusion over which AP to connect with.
To eliminate this possibility you can lock your WiFi connection profile to the BSSID of your favored access point in Network Manager.
You can do this in Network Manager's "Wi-Fi" tab in your connection's properties settings.
There is a "BSSID" drop down field where you can select and lock your Wi-Fi to a single BSSID.
There have also been reports of recent bugs in Network Manager and wpa_supplicant that affect connectivity. Downgrading either or replacing either (or both) might be worth testing.
Thank you so much! I will try your suggestions.
Seems to have fixed itself with the latest stable update
This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.