wine for dummies? manjaro kde

im still uneducated on how to use wine. im trying to get wine to work so i can fix my windows drive after cloning it. problem is i still have nc on how to use wine i can install via pamac manger but thats all i really know

think i found the fix

You cannot use Wine for such task.

Wine is a compatibility layer for running some Windows application on Linux. There is a lot of Windows applications which do not work with wine. Windows specific functionality like services - tools etc. will not work with Wine.

1 Like

darn can i use the link in the reply above and fix it with bootable iso? (using woeusb)
also thanks for letting me know
ps sorry about editing so often its just woke and forgot to check for info i forgot to put

I don't know if you can repair your windows disk/partition with a Windows ISO but you should be able to do so using Hirens BootCD.

1 Like
Summary

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gwrzHnhDGAc&t=188s

trying to do this and could you link it(a guide or just the app)
i use my manjaro drive as a second pc and my windows a first so because i overthink with linux or get confused to easily

It is even easier to use the ventoy project as described in the guide.

Video guides quickly becomes obsolete because the info is getting outdated.

I will never trust or rely on video tutorials and I have never used such guides for system maintenance - simply because the content cannot be trusted to be valid for the given scenario.

1 Like

ill try it tbh im just worried ill mess up my pc is was a hassle to fix the unallocated portions after using cloning software and finding one that wouldnt cuck the user(had to 464 gigs space that wouldt combine)

good point

im will let you know what happens going to do the ventoy method

I have created my own theme for ventoy

Summary

20200714-082149_1029x838_screenshot

1 Like

what do i do next Packages (1) ventoy-1.0.12-1

Total Installed Size: 3.87 MiB
Net Upgrade Size: 0.00 MiB

:: Proceed with installation? [Y/n] y
(1/1) checking keys in keyring [#############################################] 100%
(1/1) checking package integrity [#############################################] 100%
(1/1) loading package files [#############################################] 100%
(1/1) checking for file conflicts [#############################################] 100%
(1/1) checking available disk space [#############################################] 100%
:: Processing package changes...
(1/1) reinstalling ventoy [#############################################] 100%
:: Running post-transaction hooks...
(1/1) Arming ConditionNeedsUpdate...

guessing to check with lsblk

also it looks nice

check the guide you found - it contains the instructions need to complete the task

1 Like

am just wondering if i need to do anything about (1/1) Arming ConditionNeedsUpdate... or not

that is just a message - which could have been followed by other messages but didn't

1 Like

alright thanks, should i see anything pop up after doing the

Replace sdy below with your device

sudo ventoy -i /dev/sdy
my case 

sudo ventoy -i/dev/sde i think also sorry if im over thinking it

got the ventoy usb now and moving the windows 10 iso to it

just making sure i got everything right. it renamed and installed ventoy to my usb the only thing on it is the iso for win10 after moving it there and the guide ends there. is there anything else it need to do after before i start?

Edit it boots into the window s iso but when trying to repair it says could not repair so using cmd chkdsk it's says there's problems run chkdsk with the /fIMG_20200714_034838061

And says the file system is ntfs can't lock the current drive windows cannot run checking because disk is write protected.

I had to just wipe the SSD saldy but on the bright side ventoy helped me make a bootable USB so I didn't have to bother using my brother's laptop to make a boot drive.so thanks

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Forum kindly sponsored by