WLAN issues Lenovo T430 Manjaro KDE Edition (17.1.10)

Greetings :slight_smile: I am in need of assistance. I have installed Manjaro KDE Edition (17.1.10) on a Lenovo T430 and I am having troubles with the Wlan. When I turn the laptop on the wlan attempts to connect to the network but has trouble, sometimes not connecting at all. I have no clue as to what steps I need to take in order to trouble shoot the problem, hence why I am asking here. Many thanks

I tried installing a different kernel (4.16.8-1), but this made no difference. Also, I do not know how to change back the the recommended kernel.

You are ok with the 4.16 ... you always can switch between them from Grub Boot Menu ...
In order to get the Wlan connection automatically make sure the password is set to all users, and the checkbox to automatically connect is enabled. You find that in Network Settings.

2 Likes

Awesome, that seemed to fix it. Thanks @bogdancovaciu, I greatly appreciate your help :slight_smile:

It was already set to connect automatically so I did as you recommended and set the password to be stored for all users.

1 Like

i read somewhere arround that the kernel has some trouble connecting to wlan on some thinkpads with realtek wlan cards, no issues on intel cards though.

there is a modified kernel (or kernel driver? i dunno) out there and it seems to be still maintained https://github.com/FreedomBen/rtl8188ce-linux-driver

E: IF you have a realtek wlan card, of course! :smiley:

thanks @hYpercrites, I have the intel card and since I set the password to be stored for all users it is working without any issues.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Forum kindly sponsored by