WWAN not showing in Gnome

Hello friends,

it's been a while that I had trouble with anything related to manjar =D but now it happened again.
My WWAN connection - which is working - is not shown by gnome-shell in the dropdown menu. (I lack a better name for it) - please view the screenshot to get a idea of what I mean.
Bildschirmfoto von 2020-03-17 10-14-47

Its just a anoyance - no true showstopper, but still hope you can help me =)

cheers TZ

Does it show up when you disconnect from the VPN?

It never shows in the drop down - when the WWAN is activated it will show in the top-bar as a "wired" connection symbol. The VPN (if activated) shows as key symbol next to it than.

I can activate/deactivate it from within the settings application. But it does not show in the sidebar at all - I have the suspicion that at some point somewhere it might be recognised as a wired interface and thus also not shown in the dropdown like eth0 (enp0s25) isnt shown?

I'm on KDE where wired connections do show up, so I can't help you any further...

:sob:

One bump, in the hope there is actually someone there that can help ^^
I dug a bit in journal and this is the closest related I can find to the issue (all lines before are for establishing the working wwan connection)

Mär 20 13:24:37 hk-01 gnome-shell[1783]: JS ERROR: TypeError: this._mobileDevice is null
                                          _getSignalIcon@resource:///org/gnome/shell/ui/status/network.js:583:1
                                          getIndicatorIcon@resource:///org/gnome/shell/ui/status/network.js:575:25
                                          _getMenuIcon@resource:///org/gnome/shell/ui/status/network.js:219:21
                                          _sync@resource:///org/gnome/shell/ui/status/network.js:215:41
                                          _sync@resource:///org/gnome/shell/ui/status/network.js:410:15
                                          _iconChanged@resource:///org/gnome/shell/ui/status/network.js:204:14
Mär 20 13:24:37 hk-01 NetworkManager[1026]: <info>  [1584707077.3923] manager: NetworkManager state is now CONNECTED_GLOBAL
Mär 20 13:24:37 hk-01 gnome-shell[1783]: JS ERROR: TypeError: this._mobileDevice is null
                                          _getSignalIcon@resource:///org/gnome/shell/ui/status/network.js:583:1
                                          getIndicatorIcon@resource:///org/gnome/shell/ui/status/network.js:575:25
                                          _getMenuIcon@resource:///org/gnome/shell/ui/status/network.js:219:21
                                          _sync@resource:///org/gnome/shell/ui/status/network.js:215:41
                                          _sync@resource:///org/gnome/shell/ui/status/network.js:410:15
                                          _iconChanged@resource:///org/gnome/shell/ui/status/network.js:204:14

1 Like

I think this is a problem in gnome itself. I found the same problem reported also for arch: see https://bbs.archlinux.org/viewtopic.php?id=253575

1 Like
1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Forum kindly sponsored by