xbox one wireless controller - Guide and Back buttons not registering

For some reason Guide and Back buttons (select and mode in some other literature?) on my BT Xbox One bluetooth wireless controller don't seem to work with xboxdrv. At least they do not register in kde system settings - input devices - game controller or in much better looking jstest-gtk.

They work perfectly when I open Steam -- however when I remember correctly, steam uses it's own controller drivers.

Is there some way to make them work outside of Steam?

1 Like

Maybe try xpadneo. I use that and my xbone controller works great with rumble too. Xpadneo is in the Aur.

1 Like

pardon my newbism here, but how can I choose which driver to use for a particular hardware in linux? Or just removing xboxdrv should do the trick?

well i dont have have a wireless one but a wired one from redgear which shows itself as xbox controller.
but it did not work with xpad or with xboxdrv.
it doesn't work in xinput mode.
it works when i switch it to dinput mode.
but it started working in xinput mode also after i installed
xbox-generic-controller
from aur.

1 Like

I would just remove xboxdrv then install xpadneo with appropriate linux-headers.

2 Likes

Much better -- all buttons and triggers seem to be counted for an register with xpadneo. However it seems to mess up few axises(?) -- default order is:
ABS_X; ABS_Y; ABS_Z; ABS_RX; ABS_RY; ABS_RZ; ABS_HAT0X; ABS_HAT0Y
the correct order however is:
ABS_X; ABS_Y; ABS_RX; ABS_RY; ABS_Z; ABS_RZ; ABS_HAT0X; ABS_HAT0Y

I can change it in the jstest-gtk but even there it says it's not persistant across reboots. How can I make the order permanent?

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Forum kindly sponsored by