Yakuake breaks Ctrl+S in several applications

Hi,

When using Yakuake with KDE I'm having a bit of a strange issue: Ctrl+S does not work in VSCode, Firefox and IntelliJ. Manually pressing save naturally works.

As soon as Yakuake is terminated - everything works as it should.

I've checked Yakuake shortcuts and nothing is configured to Ctrl+S. KDE standard shortcuts have Ctrl+S defined but changing that does not make any difference.

Any way to work around this?

You mean remove the short from KDE?

It may require a restart of kwin - I suppose it is the window manager grapping the keypress.

I think the problem that I'm mainly facing is that when Yakuake is not running - the Ctrl+S shortcut is working just as expected. So somehow Yakuake seems to intercept that shortcut even though its not defined as a shortcut for Yakuake (Does not show up in Yakuake as shortcut or global)..

I was wondering if it tries to use Ctrl+S simply because it's defined in Standard KDE shortcuts.. but that was more of a long-shot. With Yakuake having focus that shortcut still does nothing.. So I'm just trying to figure out if there is a workaround to have Ctrl+S always working with or without Yakuake running (foreground or background).

And if i remove Ctrl+S from KDE standard shortcuts I assume more apps won't have Ctrl+S as "Save" configured even. As thats what KDE sets Ctrl+S for..

Again seems to be Yakuake-specific thing...

Thanks!

A small update - it was suggested on #kde @ Freenode that it might've been Konsole shortcut for Suspend Task that is interfering, however Konsole does not seem to have that shortcut defined at all. Suspend Task (STOP) is unset..

This topic was automatically closed 180 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Forum kindly sponsored by